Training opportunities available online meet Kansas Certification requirements. Providers in the Atchison area should contact K-State Research and Extension for scholarship funding.
Early Care Professionals need to know:
- How children grow and develop;
- How children can be safe, feel secure and remain healthy;
- How children's families support their lives;
- How and why children's development is assessed; and
- How to value and support the diversity of the children, their families and the staff
Early Care Professionals need to be able to:
- Create a safe, attractive and interesting environment for children;
- Plan activities and experiences that are appropriate for the children's ages and capabilities;
- Stimulate children's physical, social, intellectual and emotional development;
- Interact with children in ways that guide them toward an understanding of self and others and toward increased self-control.